Lansing, MI — The Michigan League of Conservation Voters (Michigan LCV) today announced an additional 16 endorsements for candidates running for the Michigan House of Representatives and Michigan State Senate.
“Electing leaders who will be environmental stewards and defend our democracy is crucial for Michigan,” said Lisa Wozniak, executive director for Michigan LCV. “Our organization prides itself on endorsing candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to prioritizing clean, safe, affordable drinking water, a healthy climate, and fair access to the ballot for all Michigan voters.”
Endorsements are awarded to candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to protecting the health of Michigan’s communities and democracy, which includes, but is not limited to: cleaning up toxic contamination in water, addressing the climate crisis, protecting our natural resources, tackling inequities in communities disproportionately affected by air quality issues and access to clean water, and supporting policies that ensure fair and equal access to the ballot.
Endorsements were decided through a thorough vetting process that included completion of a questionnaire and an in-person interview. Michigan LCV will continue to announce our rolling list of endorsements over the next several weeks.
Michigan LCV added the following candidates to their list of endorsements:
- Tullio Liberati: HD-2 (D-Allen Park)
- Alabas Farhat: HD 3 (D-Dearborn)
- Natalie Price: HD 5 (D-Berkley)
- Mike McFall: HD 8 (D-Hazel Park)
- Veronica Paiz: HD 11 (D-Harper Woods)
- Donavan McKinney: HD 14 (D-Detroit)
- Jason Hoskins: HD 18 (D-Southfield)
- Noah Arbit: HD 20 (D-West Bloomfield)
- Dylan Wegela: HD 26 (D-Garden City)
- Jimmie Wilson Jr: HD 32 (D-Ypsilanti)
- Carrie Rheingans: HD 47 (D-Ann Arbor)
- Penelope Tsernoglou: HD 75 (D-East Lansing)
- Emily Dievendorf: HD 77 (D-Lansing)
- Will Snyder: HD 87 (D-Muskegon)
- Anthony Feig: HD 92 (D-Mount Pleasant)
- Mary Cavanagh: SD 6 (D-Redford)
To see the full list of endorsements, go to michiganlcv.org/elections/endorsements-2022.