Urge Congress to Support the American Jobs Plan
Send a message to your lawmaker: Strict voter ID legislation restricts voting rights
Urge your lawmaker to vote “NO” on Senate Bill 429-431
Tell your lawmaker: Oppose legislation that strips money from contaminated site cleanup
Partisan influence has no place in the election certification process
The integrity of our elections, freedom to vote are threatened by video recording
Send a message to your lawmaker: Non-partisan poll challengers are important for our democracy
Tell your lawmaker: protect drop box voting in Michigan
The Senate Elections Committee will be taking up eight bills in its 39 anti-voter package this week, including Senate Bills 273 and 286 on Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- SB 273 would require signage about who can legally submit a ballot that contains extremely problematic language and would give full power to local county boards of canvassers to approve or disallow drop boxes, hampering voting access for rural communities.
- SB 286 would require the closure of drop boxes by 5 p.m. the night before Election Day, reducing voter access and putting even more of a burden on local clerks to accept ballots in their offices without the necessary training, funding, or resources that they need.
By contacting your senator and urging them to oppose Senate Bills 273 and 286, you can help make it clear that our lawmakers should be working to protect our freedom to vote, not putting up barriers. Take action and contact your senator and tell them to oppose SB 273 and SB 286 today.
Ballot drop boxes are commonly and effectively used across the country, and provide large numbers of Michigan voters with a safe, secure way to vote. Putting restrictions on the use of drop boxes will burden Michigan voters that have used drop boxes for years, especially in rural communities that don’t have updated infrastructure and face geographical barriers to voting.
Remove unfair restrictions for rooftop solar in Michigan
Tell your lawmaker: Expand recycling and provide more funding for contaminated site cleanup
Urge your lawmaker to extend the moratorium on water shut offs
Urge Your Lawmaker to Hold Polluters Accountable
Tell your lawmaker: Support legislation to protect Michigan’s air and drinking water
Wanting to do more to fight for the people and places you love?
We have regional coordinators in four regions of the state: southeast, southwest, west, and northern Michigan. Our awesome team loves getting to know activists like you and are here to help you plug into the fight for our communities and our natural resources!
Even if you’re not in one of our core regions, reach out and we’ll be happy to help you get involved locally! While we don’t have coordinators in every corner of the state yet, we have a statewide membership and volunteer teams are already active in communities around Michigan!
Join an action team near you!
Advocacy & Communication
- Advocate publicly for our priorities
- Take legislative actions
- Lobby lawmakers
- Attend legislative in-district events
Outreach & Organizing
- Tell neighbors and friends about issues
- Circulate petitions on key issues
- Attend local events to share our work
- Organize member events & meetings
- Speak with legislators on pressing issues
- Amplify advocacy on social media
- Reach out to other supporters
- Write letters/emails to key targets