Whom you Elect Matters.
Together, we can change our state’s political landscape and establish Michigan as a leader in protecting our land, air and water. Explore our plan for electing more leaders who will stand up for the health of our communities and our natural resources.
2016 Plan of Action
This year, you can make a difference. While certainly a pivotal Presidential election year, at the state level the entire Michigan State House of Representatives is up for election/re-election. The key focus for 2016 is achieving the following outcomes through our work in State House races:
- Protect key pro-conservation legislators who are in contested races,
- Elect pro-conservation legislators in open seats previously held by anti-conservation legislators,
- Defeat anti-conservation legislators in contested races,
- Execute strategic tactics to move “maybe” votes in the legislature to pro-conservation votes.
How we win:
- Start early, reaching voters and providing opportunities for action on our issues long before Election Day, making your priorities key issues,
- Build non-traditional partnerships, forming new, united fronts on conservation issues and building clout for your desire to protect our Great Lakes and inland waterways,
- Design and execute innovative campaign tactics that make big impacts with small amounts of resources, maximizing your impact,
- Communicate strategically and creatively to important audiences, connecting your passion for clean water and clean air to residents’ everyday lives and raising the profile of conservation issues in community conversations,
- Keep you involved via regular updates and opportunities for action.
How we work:
- Michigan LCV endorses pro-conservation candidates for the state legislature and governor’s office and educates voters about legislators’ conservation records. Michigan LCV is a 501(c)4 organization and can accept unlimited personal and corporate contributions. You can donate to Michigan LCV right here.
- Michigan LCV Political Action Committee (PAC) directly supports the campaigns of conservation champions. MLCV PAC can accept unlimited personal contributions from Michigan LCV members. If you would like to contribute, please call us at 734.222.9650.
- Conservation Voters of Michigan Political Action Committee (PAC) supports our independent campaigns to elect conservation champions to office. CVM PAC can accept unlimited personal and corporate contributions.
How you can make the difference:
- Donate. In competitive elections, every dollar counts and every dollar is an investment in cleaner air and cleaner water.
- Volunteer. Your time and energy can help elect conservation candidates to office. Sign up and join our volunteer teams across the state. We’ll follow up with you to find opportunities to get involved that work for you.
Your support this year makes it possible to put the policies in place that will protect our health, our economy and our Michigan way of life for years to come.
“The only way we can guarantee that the protection of our Great Lakes, our clean air, our incredible public lands and our beloved inland lakes, rivers and streams are priorities for our state decision-makers is by ensuring these issues matter to those whom we elect in the first place.” – Lisa Wozniak, Executive Director